Sunday 2 February 2014

Day 2 - Peek-a-boo

This one I'm really excited about painting - it will be my biggest painting to date - at 20x40 inches - by quite a large margin. But I am much happier painting at close to life size and although Dolly (the model) is teeny a 3/4 length still works out quite big.

Although all those folds are gonna be a challenge I feel that having spent a fair bit of time painting origami last autumn should help. Hands will be new to me as well, so we will just have to wait and see how that turns out - although I have of course painted hands frequently before in the life drawing room.

However, if it is successful it will give me the courage to keep going and paint more than head-and-shoulders. Which, of course, gives me communicate much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment