Tuesday 28 February 2012

day 27 - blue skies ahead

Jumping a little ahead here, to day 27 - but thought this drawing the most appropriate to finish the 28 drawings saga. The last week was a real struggle for me, partly due to life events but also I think because I've been so busy recently I've let the life drawing slide only twice in a month! Looking back of the last couple of months I can see that although I have been able to paint, I haven't been able to finish any of them. This may party be because I am attempting various things I haven't tried before - clothing, full figures, interior scenes, a lakeside scene - but I sense is also because I'm missing the life drawing. Many long term life drawers tell me how essential it is to keep the practice up and how it feeds into all kinds of artwork. Now I really believe them.
So, next week its back to the classes and it will be blue skies ahead. Hopefully for all you readers out there, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment