Monday 2 May 2011

28 drawings later . . .

In February, I took part in an online exhibition hosted by Victoria Evans, called 28 drawings later - and she has made a book! So fab seeing everyones work in print - including four of mine. At (big) and (small).


This is my first landscape for years, maybe even decades - I rejoined the University of Glasgow library in January and this is one of the views from level 11, where there are lots of great big art books. There are also lots of students presently, but after exam time I plan on going back with my pen and watercolours to do a few more.

If not for the challenge, this drawing would not exist, and I would not be out sketching in all this lovely weather . . . and would not have met some pretty interesting peoples.

2 comments:

  1. Like this a lot. Can you join the library as a non-student then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, but think you have to be a graduate of somewhere - £40 for a year, can have 30 big books out at a time . . . but they are mainly art history rather than practical in emphasis.

    ReplyDelete