Friday, 29 August 2014

Superwoman and The Teenager

The Superwoman came first and was a joy to paint - the model hand such capable hands I really felt it was important to paint them, along with the wedding ring and the very practical jeans.

Later I noticed that another model was standing in a very similar pose, but communicating defiance and uncertainty rather than capability and confidence. It seemed natural to explore the differences through colour, with a orange/green rather than blue/yellow pairing, as well as making the second painting much darker overall.

It has occurred to me that this particular stance may be much more common to women than men - I've certainly been both at some point - what do you folks think? And do you prefer one painting to the other?

2 comments:

  1. Love them both Jane. I like top one best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you David - seems to 50/50 overall - interesting as a painter so what and why people prefer one painting over another.

    ReplyDelete